Thursday, September 15, 2011

drive my nails

as i drive my nails
into her nautical boards
emotions rise, crashing in like waves
by the hordes
i need more of a sign
than, she's on my beach
waiting at the shore
sometimes i see it
even though, its behind closed doors
like migrating birds
i come back for more
sailing her seas at night
not knowing what's in store
so before you board
yourself in
let me in
like second thoughts
i want to see from your eyes
from the faintest cries
to the darkest lies
my vessel is moored at your dock
never set to sail
my helm is steady on lock
starring down your barrels
with the hammers cocked
no wind in my sails
as you keep it blocked
so before you board
yourself in
let me in
i've tried to dry 
your eyes
but all this rope does
is ties.

-nmbryant

No comments:

Post a Comment